Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I need a citizenship anyway

Have you guys had one of those days when you just feel so embrassed to be Malaysian? Don't get me wrong. I love the country, I love the people, the food, the culture. I love it to bits and pieces.

BUT. The politics, so embarassing. I know this is a territory I have safely stayed away from for years now, surpressing my anger and desire to yell out(by which i mean, reply their youtube comment on a video) to someone and let them know how big a flaming hypocrite they are being.

But here I am now, trying so hard to procrastinate from studying for my accounting mid sem, so I decided...if there was any a time to start letting my opinions about Malaysian politics heard, The time is NOW. The reason is PROCRASTINATION.

So, all I'm gonna say is check this link out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xibPJhHzJSA

I'm gonna be very ambiguous and wishy washy about what I think about the video(but those who know me well, will know my thoughts*bluetooth*bluetooth*), cos well..ever since i was a kid my parents have taught me to have opinions on Malaysian politics, but not let it be heard. Because Malaysians are fragile, sensitive people. That's why to this day, even when I "talk" about our lovely country's politics to Shane or someone, I look around and lower my voice to a tiny whisper ( i actually physically do. Ask Shane). And then I announce I am afraid they might strip me off my citizenship. Which we all know...is quite plausible.

But yea, check the video out. and read the comments under it. Those comments are the most hypocritical, naive things you will ever read, in your entire life.


writer was under the influence of some form of mind altering substance in Amsterdam when this was written. Hence can't be held liable for any these statements made. Writer's citizenship to remain intact.

No comments: