That is, after trying to dodge the scrutinising eyes of the Aussies who take such pride in ingesting 'concentrated yeast extract'. WTF? I was safe for 6 months since i came here. Sadly, today I accidentally revealed myself (Chorny, Ten, X, Entities...watch your thoughts) to my buddies on the brunch table.
The whole bunch of OZZIE OZZIE OZZIE OI! OI! OI! threw what I could only desribe as a Aussie hissy fit. They acted insulted enraged, amused and pitiful at the same time. I guess that's what we would react like when someone hasnt had durians/roti canai/nasi lemak after being in Malaysia for 6 months.
SO, the whole bunch of them felt that it was their obligation as Citizens of Australia to ensure i swallow some Vegemite this morning.
They cooked me a toast. The toast was brought to my table with some butter and some VEGEMITE.
After what seemed to be an endless quarrel between them Ausies about the optimum way to consume it( a little, a lot, smeared evenly, concentrated in the centre, butter and vegemite, vegemite, then butter..etc...), they finally settled on butter then vegemite and handed the trophy to me.
I looked at it. Unwanting. 10 eyes of various colours watched me, anticipating.
I took a bite. Spat it out.
The thing is disgusting! Its salty and gross and tastes like baby puke. Or baby soil, i wouldnt know.
How do they eat it every morning?!!!
*sigh* Who understands the Aussies anyway?
No comments:
Post a Comment