Sunday, September 21, 2008

Very Aussie Experience

As i am writing this blog, i sit in front of my laptop. Clean and well moisturised. I smell heavenly. Perfect picture of cleanliness I am, with the exception of the legs that desperately need shaving.

Melbourne's weather has been dandy for the past few days (alamak, hope I dont jinx it). Warm and sunny enough to wear shorts!

It's Sunday evening now. And this weekend has been a Very Aussie Weekend for me. I went to the Royal Melbourne Show yesterday, it's like this funfair thingie, but got exhibition all. I saw a SHEEP! My VERY 1st SHEEP! They are so adorable and fluffy. and I got to touch them too! the best part was the little sheep, the lambs! they are the single most adorable things ever! they just have so much energy...running around, jumping, bouncing..

The show was ok, i got a few showbags, and some fairy floss!
Hung out with Retard at night, and brushed my teeth with one of em battery powered toothbrush every Aussie seems to have. Like dude! whats the deal...surely you can be THAT lazy, right?

Woke up today at about 10.45, and at 11am, went cycling with Shane the Retard. It was probably the mist fun thing i have done in a very very long time. Retard brought me to some place in the pedalaman. The outskirts of the city. It was sooo mcuh fun! We got to go on little bridges and the scenery was just to die for! sooo much grenery! We cycled along a creek, Retard was hyped about showing me this 'awesome road', sadly, the place was closed. Under construction.Meh!

We reached thsi waterfall, painfully man made. It wasnt a very pleasant one. Rested by the waterfall for a while and head back. There was this tree by the waterfall, and there was a stone underneath. Think a little gal drowned in the waterfall. There were carvings on the tree that said 'Goodbye, Love You' and stuff.

We reached Donut at about 1.15pm, and had lunch. The distance counting thingamajig said we had travelled 7-ish kms!

O, did i menation i scraped my finger when i was trying to swerve away from tunning over this little doggie that was running towards my bike? Yea, it's bad. You can see the flesh underneath.

At about 2, Trixie had this idea of going to play tennis at IH. So Trixie, Steve,Pragun, Jess, Retard and I went to IH and played tennis. Well, they did, i watched.

Retard is surprisingly very good at tennis. I always knew he played tennis, but had no idea how got he really was. Anyway, coming back to moi, i saw this hammock in IH. And figured i would climb onto it.

If no one has ever told you before, this is me, telling you: Hammocks are pretty darn ard to climb onto!
I tried and fell, and tried and fell. Steve was telling me how to get onto it and keep yelling this and that. I fell. My white shorts turned brown and I cut my legs about 2gazillion times.

Giving up from the hammock, played tennis fot a while. Got bored. Went to pee. Came back.

You knwo how tennic courts always have this uber-high fence around them? Yea. Someone hit the ball over it. So i said i'd go retrieve it. Tried climbing. Failed. Retard said he'd get it. Watched Reatrd climb with ease.

Anoher ball went over. Tried climbing, failed. Watched Retard climb.

This got me confused. You guys should know that I am actually a super talented fence/wall climber. My skills rivalling that of a chimp.
So the fourth time the ball went over, I told Retard i will get it even if it takes mi life!

Tried climbing the fence about 10times. Steve and Retard were sitting on the bench and telling me to do this, that...Use your arms. Pull yourself up. Bla bla bla.

My fingers were hurting by then. And my legs too. I feel down so freaking many time! In the end, i decided i will conquer the fence some other day, and climbed the wall instead.

Got the ball. Retard left. After that, i went back to the hammock. After struggling, successfully got on it. Lepka there for a while, and came back to Donut.

Went to Retard's room to say farewell( in case i dont see him tonight) cos he is going someplace tomorrow morning.

And me, afetr donating blood at 1pm tomorrow getting on the train to Geelong, and Sarah is picking me up...and we will e heading to Lorne baby! To Liam's beach-house! I am soo excited, i cant type straight!

...And now it's tie for dinner. My whole body is aching from all that falls/bruises/cuts. I havent had that much falls/bruises/cuts since i was in Primary School. But it's all good. Cos i think I havent had that much fun in such a long time either. Aussie style.

Owh...i like retard so much. Even more so now that he put my very very VERY dirty shorts in his laundry. It's so dirty. The kind you see in teh DAIA advertisement.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh thiv cycling for 71ish km, was so tiring la. and u really enjoyed it!! thats good!!! i wanna bike too..
and the waterfall, haunted, no?

next time pls dont try to climb n hurt urself thiv... its so many bruises!!!!

Anonymous said...

u r having lots of fun.. good.. enjoy yourself!!!