Sunday, May 24, 2009

Bonjour

I went hiking in the weekend! I will put up a picture of me soon. BUT damn did i look cool..even if i must say so myself. I had the whole hardcore hiker thing going on: the hiking pack, the hiking shoes, cargo pants. Except for on thing I didn't have: the fucking fitness. I almost died hiking. BUT unfortunately for you guys I have lived to rant another day.

Even when your feet smell like mushroom and are full of blisters, even when the bottom of your feet start peeling and are raw, even when you yourself smell like a hippie, even when sweat is trickling down from every single pore in your body, even when your thighs feel like a million barbarians are jumping on them, there is nothing like the feeling of awe and accomplishment when you reach the top of a mountain.

A MOUNTAIN. Don't try your luck with 2 mountains. Cos if you are like me, and it's safe to assume that each one of you is maybe just even the teeniest bit like me (cos, you know, we being friends and all) the second mountain WILL piss you off.

We climbed Mount Staplyton the first day. It was a good 5k-ish hike straight up. and then we camped for the night and climbed Hollow Mountain the next day. BIG mistake.

There I was kicking and yelling at Hollow Mountain and calling it all kinds of names just because it was tiring me out. Like it would help. pfft. But none-the -less, I climbed it and showed the bloody thing who's boss. (me, in case you are wondering)

I still smell like a hippie, after showering twice. My feet still smell like mushrooms, after a long soak and wash, my whole body is soo sore.

..and to make matter worse, I come back to Whitley and all everyone talks about is that thing that starts with a X and ends with a M. Apparently it is in 2 weeks' time. MEH

No comments: